Thursday, December 21, 2006

What is Joy?


What is Joy?
The Dictionary says, it is gladness, and pleasure.
But to me Joy is when I look upon these little faces. That is my real joy. I truly am blessed with three little grandsons. They have been through a lot in their little lives already and to have those smiles, is God given and I truly thank the Lord for their smiles, their look of Joy.
Yesterday, I experienced some joy. We had sent a couple of boxes to the children for Christmas. We were getting a little anxious because they didn't get there when they were suppose too. So yesterday afternoon, our son-in-law called to say that they got the box, the that we had insured. Shortly after he called, our daughter Ruth, had called us back, in the box was a small box that said not to open until she was told she could open it. We asked her if there was a little stocking there? She said yes. So we told her to open it, in the mean time we had our phone on speaker, all of a sudden we heard screaming and such. She was home on her lunch break, knowing that the boys weren't there. Come to find out it was Ruth all excited about getting her own phone. With all she has been through these last couple of years, it did me good to hear her get all excited.
But you know there is more of a Joy that took place, that First Christmas, a baby boy was born. It was Jesus, Mary and Joseph, were Joyful, for their first born. As we were with our first born. There are so many ways of being joyful, seeing my Mother and Father give their hearts to the Lord was a most joyful event to me. I so many times Praise God for His joy that he gives. He gives me Joy right now because Christmas is a Joyful time and its His Birthday that we Celebrate. The Reason for the Season.

No comments: