Friday, June 29, 2007

Art Class - June 28,2007

Art Class!
We have art class every Thursday.
Ruth brings Evan home with her on her lunch break.
So that Ethan and Evan both can have the class together.
Our Topic for the day was
Eternity - Jesus, the Good Shepherd
The first thing they did was fold their paper into four sections.
Then number each section, 1-4.
Each Section they had to draw what I asked them too.
1 - Draw a straight line
2 - Draw a circle
3 - Draw a Triangle
4 - Draw Square
Can you see what they were to draw?

(Evan's picture)

Now go back and look at the pictures,

1- The Line represents Eternity - I talked to them how Life is for eternity.

2- The Circle represents Creation- and how God made the Earth and everything on it, and His Son Jesus was born for the world so that He would die and then He rose again to save us from our sins.

Like it says in John 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,

That whosoever beleiveth in Him, should not perish

But have everlasting Life."

(Ethan's picture below)

3- The Triangle represents the Trinity,

Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I shared with them what the Trinity means.

4- The Square- after adding more squares for windows, rectangle for door, a couple of triangles, and a circle we have our Church, God's House

Where those who love Jesus go to His house to worship Him and to Praise Him

To show Him how much they love Him.

As you see in the pictures below, we have sheep.

The boys traced these pictures.

As I had a picture of a sheep taped on the window,

I took a piece of typing paper and taped it over the sheep.

I then asked them if they could see the sheep through the paper.

Of course they said yes,

I told them that, that is like Jesus looking down on us,

caring for us as His Sheep.

For He is the Good Shepherd.

(They traced the sheep as I told them how)

If they have Jesus in their hearts,

they will Live in eternity with Him forever,

And he will care for us as the Shepherd cares for his sheepl


Evans picture Above, Ethan's below.

Sorry for the poor quality of pictures, they were holding them as I took the pictures,

and they don't press real hard on the pencils, because that is so they can correct a mistake if they have too.

I so enjoy doing these things with the boys. To hear their responds and see their smiles makes my heart sing.

I Praise the Lord that I have this opportunity to do this at this time!

1 comment:

becky said...

That sounds nice mom. I hope the boys enjoy it. Kinda like being in Sunday School class. They did a good job on their pictures. Thanks for sharing with them and then for sharing what you share with them to us. Love you and miss you, but am glad you can be there with them all.