Friday, August 17, 2007

Jonah and the "Big" fish
At this writting, I am tired and weary. I have been working on this one blog I don't know how long. I have had to keep reduing it, I don't know how many times. I guess the devil didn't want me to make it. But I am telling you now, that I am attempting to write it out now.
As you all know I will be leaving Florida September 5th. So I am winding down what I am able to do with the boys.
The boys start school like was said in the last blog, Monday. So Thursday was our last day to have Bible Study. So we had it and the lesson was - can you guess what it was?
Let's look at the pictures and find out.




Following the Bible Study, we had our last Art Class.

We decided to paint pictures from our books of Animals.

We painted fish in a fish tank, thought that that would go

along with our story of the "Big" fish.

This is Evan's Picture-

















This is Ethan's Picture-


















After Art Class, it was lunch time. Grandma decided
we needed to go on a picnic in the park that is near by.
Hotdogs, chips and grape drink. Ummm, good.

















We had a good time at the park.
I have an idea,
how about if we tell the story of Jonah and the Big
Fish.
We will let the boys tell the story,
Wait a minute we need someone to be Jonah!
We pick Easton, does the shirt fit the story?
or maybe it just fits Easton.






















Anyway Jonah ,

was about his business and one day, God
talked to him and said "Jonah, I want you to do
something really big for me", but Jonah went about
doing his own thing.. He talked with some of his
friends about what God wanted him to do, but he
went the other way.




























Then one day a big storm came, they were on a boat
and the storm was so bad that they started to throw things
out of the boat. Jonah said wait..........


























You need to throw me over board.
So they threw him over board.


















Then a "Big" fish came and gubbled Jonah up, and
he was in the belly of the big fish.

Then in the end of the story Jonah ends up praying to God = apologizing for refusing Him and asking God to forgive him.



















Then God sent a way for the "Big" fish to spit Jonah up on the dry ground.

(like on the puzzle up at the top of this blog)

2 comments:

becky said...

Good Job Mom!!! I know that you had a hard time getting this to work, but you got it and I loved it. Too Cute. Thanks for sharing. Love you and tell the boys that I love them too.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Great blog. Those boys are going to miss their grandma. They will definately have some wonderful memories to store up and recall when they start to missing you. Great art work. Good luck and God bless.