Sunday, November 4, 2007

Feeding the Geese-
Friday late afternoon my husband, Jim asked me if I would like to go feed the geese. We have a pond near by that actually it is in a park called Richmond Park. It is a park where my husband grew up sliding and skating at. They have a large swimming pool for the summer times. A big hill for sliding in the winter time. The pond they used to have for skating but they have band that.


The Canadian geese became my buddies quickly. As you can see here.
As you can see here there were more then just geese. There were seagulls, for Lake Michigan is only about a half an hour from us. So they make their selves at home here at the pond as well. Then there are mallard ducks, the ones with the green heads are the males, the brown ones are the female mallards.
Then there was one lonely white duck that seemed to enjoy the fellowship of the other ducks.
Here is yours truly feeding the geese, Jim didn't get the goose in the picture. I was feeding a goose some bread crumbs.

I really enjoyed my self. And I think a lot of the ducks and geese would say they did too, for they got crumbs of bread and hot dog buns for saying cheese for me.
The few pictures below were also taken while we were at the park at least 3 of them were. I hope you enjoy them.


1 comment:

becky said...

Wow! Looks like you all had a good time. There were sure alot of geese.