Thursday, November 8, 2007



Lunch For Our Evangelist-

We had our pastor, Bro. James Durr and the Evangelist, Bro. Larry Pettit for lunch. Today we had home made beef stew, salad, apple cinnamon muffins along with chocolate mousse for dessert.
Bro. Pettit is from Indianapolis, Indiana. It was good to see him. We haven't seen him for so many years. Him, his wife and I worked together in the youth camp, every year, in our district back then. We really had some good times in that youth camp.
It was so enjoyable to see Bro. Pettit after all these years.
He has been bringing some soul searching messages. Praise the Lord! He is digging around my soul. Thank you Father for that. I want to keep open and obedient to Him, in all things. He has been so good to me I want to be sure and share with others what He has done for me.
We yet to have Snow. Still really cold.

3 comments:

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Thanks for the nice comments you leave on my blog--it is good to keep in touch. Your table is set so beautifully. I am sure the stew tasted good. There is nothing quite like soup on a cold day. It is good to hear that it is getting colder there. The northern people might not like that remark, but that means we might actually get to see snow when we go to Indiana for Christmas. We missed out last year--what a disappointment. We Floridians can wear sweaters in the evenings now. We think that is pretty special.

Maggie said...

Your setting looks so pretty!

You were talking about salmon soup on my blog. Ruth let mandy and I try it while we were at GBS. I remember she told us it was a tradition and Ialso remember really liking it! Thanks for all the tips! I will be using some!

Cara said...

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I've enjoyed scrolling through yours and just catching up on your life. Your grandkids are darling and it was fun to read about Sarah and Becky. And it is good to see pictures of Michigan! I will always be a Michigander in my heart!