Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Life!

"Life" !
What is Life?
Life is each day that God gives us to live,
And to make the choices we have to make.
Life is so short.
Or is it long?
We don't know,
When our time is up on this earth.
Today I was thinking about life,
How we take it for granted so much.
How often do we think about,
Am I going to wake up in the morning.
Or am I going to make it to work or
Where ever we are traveling too?
Or just sitting in our easy chair or
At our table,
Do we think about dieing?
We take life for granted so much.
We make our choices,
But do we make our choices like they are our last choices?
Think about it.
I know someone that died sitting in their easy chair,
Someone else sitting at their table.
Someone who was sleeping next to their spouse.
Some of course do die on their sick bed.
Someone who died while his wife was driving him to the hospital.
We don't know what we will be doing when that time comes.
My cousin Jeff Tawney was at a family get together,
May 13th, 2007
If I understand it right,
Their family were all there,
He had a seisure, along with a heart attack
And died right there,
He was 47 years old.
We don't know when our time will come.
So as I was thinking about this,
There are so many out there that aren't ready and
I had to ask myself,
What am I doing to help people to be ready?
Life - is short,
We need to be ready.
We can be ready if we make the right choices.
Jesus was given "Life",
He was born on earth as a tiny little baby,
And He grew up to be a man.
I mean a man,
He was a gentleman.
But you know what?
His time was up at age 33.
He died on a cross for you and for me.
Think about it,
He shed His blood,
so that we might live forever.
How can we live forever?
We ask Jesus into our hearts,
He saves us from our sins,
and continually live for Him.
Jesus didn't stay on that cross.
He was placed in a tomb,
Where most thought Him to be dead forever,
But guess what?
He arose,
And is up in heaven preparing a place,
For each one that asks Him into their hearts.
That is how you will live eternally.
John 3:16 says:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life".
Life -
That is what Jesus gives to each of us when we say:
"Jesus will you come into my heart today"?
Live with me, talk with me, walk with me.
Do the things with me as each day goes by,
until it is my turn to go".
Thank you, Jesus,
for giving me the choice to serve you,
so that I may live with you eternally.
Will you live Eternally?

1 comment:

sherryldickinson said...

Eileen what you wrote here is beautiful. I so appreciate it when ladies write something about God on their blog sites. This shows what a beautiful heart & spirit you have. I love you especially because of your giving life you have lived for others. Phillip & Michael's Mom - Sherry D