Tuesday, October 30, 2007

2.
Then there is the Frontier Days. Ethan and Evan stayed with us for a little while back in 05 so Mommy and daddy could prepare to move. So I was able to take them to a Halloween Festivity. I made both of their outfits. Evan the Indian and Ethan Davey Crockett. Or Daniel Boone who ever wore the coon skin hat. The smaller pumpkins the boys carved in CLC, a children's ministry. It went along with an object lesson "I gave about

"The Pumpkin Prayer"

The Prayer goes like this:

Dear God,

"As I carve my pumpkin help

Me say this prayer:

Open my mind so I can

Learn about You.

(cut top off the pumpkin)

Take away all my sin and forgive

Me for the wrong things I do.

(Clean out inside)

Open my eyes so Your Love I will see:

(Cut eyes like hearts)

I'm sorry for turning up my

Nose to all you've given me.

(Cut a nose in shape of cross)

Open my ears so your word

I will hear.

(Cut ears shaped like a Bible)

Open my mouth so I can

Tell others you're near.

(Cut the mouth shaped like a fish)

Let Your Light shine in all

I say and do" Amen.

(Place candle inside & Light it)


They were ready to take on the Frontier.

No comments: